Friday, July 25, 2014

July 2014 Campnano Wk 3 - WritingProject: Countdown Series #2 Intro and Update #6

Countdown Series #2


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ Aisazia
Project Goal: To get a first draft of two novels at an estimated 20k each which makes it a total of 40k.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: I read a story on tumblr and read comments that said someone should write a story based off that topic. The suggestions and my desire to expand on it inspired my own version. It's sci-fi but it takes place in the not too distant future. lol

Last Update WC: 20,647
Week's Total WC: 15,469

Total Story WC: 37,066

Daily WC:
  1. 2,532
  2. 2,902
  3. 1,591
  4. 2,174
  5. 1,835
  6. 2,191
  7. 2,244
Last 200 words:

I glanced at my timer and shook my head. "No regrets," I whispered to myself. I stared down at the water watching my reflection. I could see I was tired from the lack of sleep. Luckily I didn't need to be on camera at all tomorrow otherwise they was going to need a lot of make up to cover up the bags under my eyes.

My eyes drifted back towards the cabin where Victoria thundered off to and a lit window caught my eye. There was a person staring out the window. I could see the silhouette but before I could identify who it was the light shut off. I didn't need to guess who it was though because I knew it was Victoria's room.
After staring awhile I turned away and pulled my hood over my head to help block out the chill from the wind. I slipped my hand into my pocket retrieving my phone. I pressed the power button and it immediately purred to life. I didn't bother to hide the smile that appeared on my face. I went to check my email and decided to play some games as I continued to sit outside through the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment