Friday, April 4, 2014

April 2014 Campnano Wk 1 - WritingProject: Countdown Series #1 and #2 Intro and Update #1

Countdown Series #1 and #2


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ Aisazia
Project Goal: To get a first draft of two novels at an estimated 20k each which makes it a total of 40k.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: I read a story on tumblr and read comments that said someone should write a story based off that topic. The suggestions and my desire to expand on it inspired my own version. It's sci-fi but it takes place in the not too distant future. lol

Last Update WC: 0
Week's Total WC: 14,008
Total Story WC: 14,008

Daily WC:
  1. 2,117
  2. 3,351
  3. 3,664
  4. 2,278
  5. 2,598

Last 200 words:

He gave me an apologetic smile, "I'll be sure to return it to you as soon as we know what we're working with." I nodded. He got up and went inside the house.

Once the door closed Chase scoffed, "You know it'd be better if they told us where the heck they found out about these things."

Layla shook her head, "Sometime things are better not to be messed with because they aren't meant to be understood."

"Is that what you think?" I asked arms resting on the ledge.

She shrugged, "I don't know what to think but I think we should trust them."

"I agree. I think they would let us know when they're ready," Dylan said as traced the water absently.

"True, they are good at explaining when ready but they're not so good at things before then," I muttered. The others bowed their heads in silent agreement.

Dylan finally broke the silence, "That's it. I'm done with all this downer talk. I'm done spending all my time worrying during my vacation. Let's play." He splashed all of us and grabbed for a nearby basketball spinning it on his finger, "Ok, who want's to play HORSE?"




No comments:

Post a Comment