Friday, April 11, 2014

April 2014 Campnano Wk 2 - WritingProject: Countdown Series #1 and #2 Update #2

Countdown Series #1 and #2


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ Aisazia
Project Goal: To get a first draft of two novels at an estimated 20k each which makes it a total of 40k.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: I read a story on tumblr and read comments that said someone should write a story based off that topic. The suggestions and my desire to expand on it inspired my own version. It's sci-fi but it takes place in the not too distant future. lol

Last Update WC: 14,008
Week's Total WC: 16,325

Total Story WC: 30,333

Daily WC:
  1. 2,289 
  2. 2,355 
  3. 2,491 
  4. 2,883 
  5. 3,664
  6. 2,643
Last 200 words:

A library meeting was a good idea, hopefully it would be secluded enough and no one would be nosy enough to eavesdrop on us.

Soon we were sitting in the library at one of the tables in a corner. I could hear the wind picking up but I felt safe enough for now. The rain was pattering so I knew the hurricane was just starting. I had been flipping through a magazine but wasn't really paying attention. I was too wound up. I glanced around and there didn't seem to be too many people in there at the moment with most of the people still trying to settle in for the long haul.

Eddy and Leah finally made their way to us. They looked like they would fall over at the slightest gust of wind.

Eddy straightened up and leaned towards us in a low voice, "So what did you need to talk to us about?"
I glanced at Dylan who stared back at me with a haunted expression. It appears that he heard or saw what happened too at John's final moments. "It's about the timer," I responded cryptically.



No comments:

Post a Comment