Friday, August 1, 2014

July 2014 Campnano Wk 4 - WritingProject: Countdown Series #2 Intro and Update #7

Countdown Series #2


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ Aisazia
Project Goal: To get a first draft of two novels at an estimated 20k each which makes it a total of 40k.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: I read a story on tumblr and read comments that said someone should write a story based off that topic. The suggestions and my desire to expand on it inspired my own version. It's sci-fi but it takes place in the not too distant future. lol

Last Update WC: 37,066
Week's Total WC: 2,992

Total Story WC: 40,058

Daily WC:
  1. 2,992
  2. 0
  3. 0
  4. 0
  5. 0
  6. 0
  7. 0
Last 200 words:

I checked the time and realized it was getting late and that I still needed to shower. I hopped out of the pool and grabbed my towel. When I pulled it up something fluttered to the ground. I picked it up and saw it was a name and phone number. Seriously? Ok. She was way too young for me. I crumpled it up and tossed it. I then walked to the locker room and felt the glare of the life guard from earlier. Great...I'll have to watch my back next time I come here.    

I showered quickly this time even though I longed to stay under the steaming heat of the shower. I changed and left the locker room. I lifted my head and saw something move by the door. I shook my head. I needed to stop being paranoid.

I left the gym and headed home glad it was a close walk. Something made the hairs on the back of my neck stand and I turned around. I didn't see anything and I didn't know what made me hyper aware that something or someone was watching me.


It was getting unnerving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment