Monday, June 1, 2015

June 2015 Junowrimo - WritingProject: Countdown #1 and WYDM Intro

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates. Things have been busy and I haven't been able to keep up for a bit. I have been reading which is good, but I'm still far behind on my TBR list. I'm behind on everything! Will try to fix that in June! 

I'm planning on doing Junowrimo! I had thought to only work on one project but decided to do two projects instead. The goal is 30k for each project which makes 60k total. That is 1k a day for each project meaning 2k a day total.

I've been able to do 2k before but that can be tough and only for one project. I wonder if working on two projects will make it easier for me or more difficult. We'll see how this little experiment turns out. One other thing to note is that I will be typing up one project and handwriting the other. I prefer the later when I write the first draft but the main reason I'm doing this is because I had already started writing both of those in the respective formats so decided to keep it up. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to do keep it up and do both!

In art news, I've been watercoloring and sketching but haven't been taking as many photos as I should lately. Whoops. I'll try to do that when there is some good lighting, it's been raining off and on here. I did go on a little art supply shopping spree but that was because I happened to see a clearance sale and I couldn't resist. I really shouldn't have a reason not to use all my supplies! Anyways, hopefully I'll be able to change things up a bit and maybe sketch some of the characters in these projects instead of my other story. I'm sure you're tired of seeing them all the time. XD

Now on to the projects! They are both projects you've seen from me before so it shouldn't really be anything extremely new. I did realize that the Countdown series is not going to be sci-fi anymore, it's paranormal. I think. Unless someone tells me otherwise, it is going to be paranormal for now. lol Again, my goal is to finish these drafts so I'll take as long as is deemed necessary, I'll carry this on through July for Campnanowrimo too if needed. I'll just switch it from Junowrimo to July Campnano in my header post.


Countdown Series #1


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ HE_Anev
Project Goal: To get a first draft this novel.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: I read a story on tumblr and read comments that said someone should write a story based off that topic. The suggestions and my desire to expand on it inspired my own version. It's paranormal (not sci-fi as I originally stated).

Last Update WC: 34,343 (from April Campnano 2015)



Would You Date Me?!


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ HE_Anev
Project Goal: To get an additional 30k for the first draft of a romance/contemporary novel.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: A story that was going to be based off a couple of characters in my head that were supposed to be a comic. Then I realized I need a story before I actually draw it. lol

Last Update WC: 8,400 (from Nanowrimo 2014)


If you're curious about my math (I adjust as needed but I always underestimate my current word count):

  • Write 7 pages like normal in my current Staples Sustainable Earth Composition Notebook
  • Count words by line for each of those 7 pages then divided by number of lines on the page (25 lines)
  • Take averages of all 7 pages then find average words per line = 11.2 words
  • 11 (words) x 25 (lines) = 275 words per page
  • 1000 (daily word count) / 275 = 3.64 pages
  • Round up and overestimate word count = 4 pages a day

Thus I need to write at least 4 pages a day to make my daily word count.



No comments:

Post a Comment