Friday, August 17, 2012

24 Hour Comic Brainstorm 2011

Heyo! Sorry for missing a post last week but I was able to get something up on Saturday which I hope you'll check out. Apparently this CampNanoWriMo is really throwing me off. I've been trying to get this novel idea written down and trying to keep up with it so I've been slacking on everything else. lol It's harder than I thought it would be to write this. Next time I think I'll need a tighter outline. The outline I wrote for this story is really loose and then I keep adding more new complex elements which I'm not sure where I'm taking it. XD I guess that's what revisions will be for. haha

Ok the image below is basically how I structured out my 24 Hour Comic for 2011. I'm actually still in the process of cleaning and toning all the pages. I'm about half way done but still, need to get that done before the end of the year at least. I was hoping by the end of the month but we'll see how that goes.


If you can decipher it. XD Don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled about my comic!



Haha, looking back on the page I was trying to figure out what some of the notes meant. XD I hope you can read my handwriting, it was scribbled really quick and didn't plan to really show this to anyone but thought it would be fun and hopefully inspiring to share.

The sketches at the top are the first/best-at-the-moment designs for the characters Ethan and Aurora. Next to their names I think were alias names I was going to give them for their show business or something. lol The notes next to them are some personality traits I was giving them so I could have a more concrete idea of their personalities.

LOL My abbreviations are horrible, I sat staring at what OM meant for awhile before I realized it stood for "Old Man" who I named Arthur. XD He's not in the sketches here unfortunately but you'll see him in the finished comic or the progress shots if you can find him.

The numbered bullets are basically the story line and I kind of took the story wherever which explains the empty bullet points. I just knew the beginning and end, for the middle I just tried to connect them as best as I could.

This was a fun and off-the-top-of-my-head kind of story so it's not well drawn or well written but it's teaching me how to finish a story. Comic making is a lot harder than I thought it would be people! Seriously, as a person who still haven't finished a comic, this one is the closest I've come to finishing it but I'm not giving up! You shouldn't either!


No comments:

Post a Comment