Monday, April 30, 2018

Apr 2018 CampNanoWrimo Wk 4 - WritingProject: SSS #1 - Update #4

Secret Short Story #1


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ HE_Anev
Project Goal: To get a first draft this novel.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: Spin off of a character of a WIP novel I've started and wanted to expand the story of that character for fun.

Last Update WC: 5,478
Week's Total WC: 5,343
Total Story WC: 20,259

Daily WC:
  1. 842
  2. 914
  3. 723
  4. 817
  5. 0
  6. 819
  7. 556
  8. 672
  9. 0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts of the Week

Total Words This Week: 5,343
Decided to list some of my thoughts I've had during the week to give you a little more insight on my progress and/or struggles.
  • When I knew I was ahead I started to slack more on the writing because I had the reassurance that I was ahead but once I was ahead I wanted to stay ahead. I was able to keep this up pretty well till the last week.
  • I forced myself to write when I wasn't in the mood and most times was able to hit my goals. The only times I had 0 words was because I wasn't inspired or was tired so I didn't even try. Lesson: Write anyways because some words are better than none. But I'm also in the camp where I don't like forcing myself to write every day or I'll get burnt out....
  • I ended up writing random scenes during the end of this week because I wasn't sure where the story was going because a plot point kind of derailed me. Also I didn't clearly plan the characters so I wrote and named them as I went.
  • Overall, still a fun story to write and will complete. It ended up being much longer than expected which is funny because I always thought I was an underwriter. I was supposed to write 2 short stories but I got 1 unfinished novella.
  • Still enjoyed writing the draft though. I know it will require a lot of editing and refinement but all stories do. :)
Other Updates: