Saturday, April 7, 2018

Apr 2018 CampNanoWrimo Wk 1 - WritingProject: SSS #1 - Update #1

Secret Short Story #1


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ HE_Anev
Project Goal: To get a first draft this novel.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: Spin off of a character of a WIP novel I've started and wanted to expand the story of that character for fun.

Last Update WC: 0
Week's Total WC: 4,887
Total Story WC: 4,887

Daily WC:
  1. 193
  2. 1,148
  3. 670
  4. 714
  5. 636
  6. 729
  7. 797

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts of the Week

Total Words This Week: 4,887

Decided to list some of my thoughts I've had during the week to give you a little more insight on my progress and/or struggles.

  • Dictating using Google Document Voice typing is super convenient but the recognition is not bad but not great for story telling. I think it'd be good for basic things like lists but for story telling or complex words it's a little frustrating and I have to delete words that were interpreted wrong. 
  • It's a bit annoying when it automatically capitalizes some words and it doesn't have a verbal command for using quotation marks so I have to type it in manually.
  • I apparently mumble or slur my words so I need to slow down for the words to recognize but it does make it easier than typing everything. This also helps with my articulation and pronunciation since I don't really like to talk much. It doesn't always recognize the words I say accurately and I don't really have time to revise the day I write it so some words are off.
  • I had been a bit worried about the story since I had a rough outline but didn't know a lot of the details but so far it's been working out. Adding characters as I go has been fun.
  • The story may be longer than a short story, I've just started the story and already at half the word count a short story should be so it might be a novelette.


No comments:

Post a Comment