Friday, April 8, 2016

Life Update + Traveler's Notebooks

Hey guys! Been a long time! *glances at calendar and gasps* It's been about 4 months since I last blogged!

I want to apologize for it! Lately, I've been doing more reading the last few months and updating my other blog during the end of 2015 but this first quarter of the year has been lacking but I have a good reason for the last few months. Unfortunately I haven't been motivated to read now but I do want to get back into writing/sketching. No good reason why other than I hadn't been feeling like it but once I get started I don't have a problem finishing.

I've been waiting on beta reader feedback and recently (in Feb) received all the expected feedback but now I've been too much of a chicken to go back in to read and revise. All the feedback are reasonable and makes sense, I'm just not motivated to dive in and revise which isn't bad, I'm just procrastinating. While waiting, I wanted to write in February but was only able to get under 6k written which sucks because my goal was 20k. Still, it's progress and better than nothing.

Going to suck it up this month and go through my drafts and feedback when I can. Although, I already know that there is going to be a rehaul of the story including fleshing out characters and world. However, I realized this is going to be a busy month for me and know that it won't be possible. I wanted to do April Campnanowrimo this month but that already went belly up. Instead I decided I'll just read my current drafts and try to outline them if possible so it'll be a bit easier to revise.

Last month I've been asked to be Maid of Honor for a friend but it turns out she wants her wedding in May so technically we have 2 months to plan it.

Yeah, you read that right. 2 months! 

So all the bridal shower/bachlorette, decorations, dresses, etc. Yeah, needs to be done soon. Like yesterday. Fortunately, we have the dresses and some of the stuff done but still have lots to do. I'm glad my friend is pretty laid back about things but that also can be hard when coming to making a decision. I feel like everything is going to be rushed so she won't be able to enjoy anything...Oh well...I'm happy for her and I'm going to do my darndest to make things as easy as possible for her when the day comes. Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be an all day affair. Like get up at 6am and done at 11pm sort of deal. That is including travel time. *dies* Anyways, enough of that, just wanted to explain why I haven't been as active as I should have been. You can read more in my quarterly newsletters if you're interested.

Just to add some visuals for you, I've been adding to my Traveler's Notebook collection...here are my latest acquisitions. :D I've bought and sold a few but didn't take photos as I knew I wouldn't keep them. My hopes is that I'll bring them with me and write/sketch as I go instead of relying on a computer to type things up and motivate me to sketch on the go more. Personally, I prefer handwriting my novels, I feel like I get a better flow of the story and easier to not go back and edit. Anyways, hoping these babies will get me motivated to write more. They are so pretty and feel amazing. *pets* Do you guys use them? If so, let me know! Share with me your social media so I can stalk follow you!







No comments:

Post a Comment