Friday, November 6, 2015

Nov 2015 Nanowrimo Wk 1 - WritingProject: Countdown #3 - Update #1

Countdown Series #3


Want to follow my daily progress? Follow me at:
Twitter @ HE_Anev
Project Goal: To get a first draft this novel.

Stage of writing: First Draft

What inspired my current project: I read a story on tumblr and read comments that said someone should write a story based off that topic. The suggestions and my desire to expand on it inspired my own version. It's paranormal (not sci-fi as I originally stated).

Last Update WC: 0
Week's Total WC: 9,810
Total Story WC: 9,810

Daily WC:
  1. 1,668 
  2. 723 
  3. 3,180 
  4. 2,087
  5. 2,152

Last 200 words:

I looked around at the three, “Do you guys want to come?”

Zadie gave me an apologetic look, “I’m busy doing something. I’m not sure if bombarding him with unfamiliar faces is a good idea right now.”

Chase shook her head, “I already have some plans with Victoria. Can we get a rain check?”

“Of course,” I turned to Dylan, “How about you?”

Dylan half shrugged, “Let me check my calendar.” After a pause he nodded and grinned, “I’m free.”

My lips twisted in false annoyance then remembered our current state of dress in pajamas, “Then get ready in five minutes.”

Dylan took off yelling behind him, “You’re such a slave driver.”

“You haven’t seen nothing yet boy!” I called after him.

Chase and Zadie picked at the leftover bacon. I slid off the stool, “You know you two can stay as long as you want. Just make sure to clean up and lock up after you’re done.”

They shared a look and nodded. Zadie shot me a winning smile, “Don’t worry. We’ll take care of everything.”

I smiled as I glided up the stairs. Those two were up to something but I didn’t have the time to figure it out yet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts of the Week

Total Words This Week: 9,810

Decided to list some of my thoughts I've had during the week to give you a little more insight on my progress and/or struggles.

  • Tough to get motivated the first few days. Once I got in the rhythm I was able to get a good amount done. Wasn't able to do the Reverse Nanowrimo method as I had hoped but at least I'm on track for now.
  • I know I'm going to fall behind this weekend as I'll be out of town. Hope I can make it up afterwards.
  • Surprisingly wrote more than I thought I would for the first week. Almost 10k.
  • The writing this time around isn't as fluid or sophisticated as my previous stories. Soldiering on and will fix it with revisions. Trying to get the bones down.



No comments:

Post a Comment