Friday, February 7, 2014

2012 Sketch Dump + Rambles

Sorry about not posting last week. My brother came into town and I ended up spending time with him then I completely forgot to post anything. We had a good time, it was quiet for the most part but we started to plan on going on a vacation which I think we definitely need. I hope it all works out.

Man, I really need to keep these sketch pages more organized. Apparently some of the sketches I've posted are from 2011 and earlier but I take so long to fill up a sketch book that I forget. I don't really check the dates either but for now if you really want to know when I did a sketch you can tell by the date I usually sign on the pages. Also I'm losing my buffer so I'm going to have to start sketching a page a day again. I fell off that wagon sometime at the end of last year. Whoops. lol

Lately I've been trying to focus on writing so I guess that's my excuse. Unfortunately it's not a very good one as I haven't been writing nearly as much as I would like. I wasn't able to finish the outline as I had hoped by the end of January. I've been stuck on it but recently I started to talk to some people about it and that's helping me work out the kinks. I think I really need to talk it out but unfortunately I don't know many who are interested or are readers of this particular genre. lol Still I'm going to do my best to push through it and move on forward.

I've been trying to play with watercolors lately too which you might see later but it's still messy. I'm learning to handle it with better control but it's still not quite where I want it to be yet. I am using student grade materials so that is something but I do think I might be getting better at it. I just need to not soak the paper and to wet the paints longer so that they are easier to use since they dry and crack because I don't use them enough. lol



 Are you guys sick of seeing these two yet? XD



No comments:

Post a Comment