Friday, December 14, 2012

75 Day Sketch Challenge

Hey artist friends! Ever want you own "Artistic License"?

Well jump on over to Brenda Swenson: 75 Day Sketch Challenge. Here you can get your own Artistic License with your own photo.

It'll look something like this (image from http://brendaswenson.blogspot.com):

It's a real solid plastic license, not just an image that you'll see online. lol The only rule is that you can only use pen to sketch which I kind of already do but I'm just inconsistent on how often I sketch. I'm going to try to kick it up a notch and sketch 75 pages not just the number of sketches. If you follow my blog you already see how I sketch so I'm going to try to do more than just people.



Going to try sketching buildings, textures, lighting, anything out of my comfort zone. We'll see how long that'll last. XD It should be fun and definitely a challenge. It'll give me a reason to use my sketchbooks. ^_~

My start date will be Dec 15, 2012 to make it easier to keep track and should end February 27, 2013 but I may do it a day later just so I can remember the end date easier (1 day away from the end of the month). lol Unfortunately you know how slow I am at scanning and uploading sketches so I probably won't show them until I finish the challenge. Then I'll mass upload to use for blog posts later. :D I'll probably tweet my progress on Twitter if you're interested.

Let me know if you're going to do it! We can cheer each other on! The point and goal is to get you to improve your observation skills and build confidence in your skills. Good luck to all challengers!

No comments:

Post a Comment