Friday, February 16, 2018

Finished Journal + Life Update + Sketches

Just finished my latest journal! I'm so excited! I love starting new notebooks but I wasn't really in love with this one, it's by Markings from Staples but it only cost $5 but I still made every dollar count! This one took me almost 4 years to complete, since March of 2014. I used to have time to journal near daily but that slid off about when I got my previous job. I had been journaling off and on last year but I'm determined to journal at least weekly when I can. It's been fun to see my progress and journey in those 4 years. 


If you haven't considered writing in a journal, I wholeheartedly recommend that you do. You don't have to write personal stuff in there if you don't want to but I find that when I write uncensored I feel tons better. It's therapeutic and helps me sleep better at night without those constant thoughts running through my head. I'm the type of person who roles around in bed for an hour before falling asleep so it helps me unwind.


Here you can see the filled pages. Since I had gone on a few trips, I gathered some paraphernalia from the trips and decided to put it in the pages. Probably not the best idea because they weren't really put in order in the pages that I journaled about the trips. Also because the pages are so full the magnetic enclosure no longer closes the book which kind of bothers me but I don't want to cut the enclosure off but for the future I may keep separate journals for trips. The random papers and receipts were sitting on my desk and I finally decided I needed to put them somewhere. haha


This past week we had an ice storm and we were put under a level 2 snow emergency. The roads were terrible, there were lots of accidents and Google Maps was riddled with red. Fortunately I have a job where I am able to work from home a few days out of the year. I decided it was worth not having to be in an accident and spend at least an hour one way for my commute but I know not everyone has that luxury. For that reason I've felt blessed but really hoping that Spring comes soon!


I think there are maybe 2 more posts left of my super old sketches. These are from 2013, again, when I had a bit more free time. I will need to take some new photos of my latest sketchbook I just finished. I decided I'll probably post the less cringe-worthy sketches, I just don't think I have time to take photos of every page any more. But let me know what you think! If you guys are even interested in my blog sketches. This whole time I've really been posting for myself and I will likely continue to do so but post more randomly.


Just curious, would you guys rather see blog posts on Friday or Saturday from me? Do you have a preference? I used to do them on Fridays but to be honest, sometimes I write the blog post the day I post it. haha I think sometimes I need that day buffer before I can post it. We'll see, ideally I'd like to write these up earlier but it may not always happen. If it's what you guys want, I'm willing to accommodate!


No comments:

Post a Comment